Buying a surveillance system alone is generally not enough. You need to get a few mandatory accessories in order to install the device and then use it. This is true for any device and the surveillance systems are no different. It’s these accessories that complete the system and make it fit for use.
Here is a list of 5 must-have accessories without which your surveillance systems are of no use.
- Network Cable: To connect and install cameras to the CCTV digital video recorder, the right network cable is required. It is basically these cables that comprise of the metaphorical cardiovascular network of any CCTV system. They carry power to the cameras and a video signal to the DVR or the monitoring station. Generally, a majority of image problems occur due to improperly installed or poor-quality cables. As their role is so important in managing the system reliability and image quality, one should opt for a good quality cable.
- Lens: In today’s era, when high-resolution and megapixel cameras are the talk of the town, the lens has become the most important accessory. This is because it is the lens that provides the resolution that the camera is capable of producing. If the lens is not right, all the money invested in higher-resolution cameras is simply wasted.
- Bracket: Today Hikvision, Chinese government controlled company is considered as the manufacturer of the most advanced security surveillance systems. The catch is that if you don’t buy the right camera brackets than even the most advanced cameras from it are of no good as they won’t be able to capture reliably.
- Power Adaptor: Another crucial accessory that is a must for ensuring stability and reliability of a video surveillance system is the power supply. Power adapters are chosen when the number of security cameras installed is four or less. When choosing a power adapter, care should be taken to get one that is in line with the voltage and amperage ratings of the cameras.
- Camera Housing: If the cameras are placed outdoors, it has to bear extreme temperatures, which can play havoc on its functioning resulting in them going berserk. Buying the right kind of camera housing like a weatherproof casing helps it to sustain the harsh conditions and work optimally. Similarly, having a vandal-proof housing helps to keep it safe from thieves or if you stay in an area that receives a lot of rainfall, opt for water-proof surveillance camera housing.